Is Onyx the Best Club in RCA?
Onyx is probably the most popular club in Bangkok. If not the most popular.
In fact, it’s the second highest-ranked Thai club on the DJ Mag Top 100 Clubs reaching 64th place. (second best in Thailand behind Illuzion Phuket at the 21st place).
Is it because of the design, the quality of service, the international lineup, resident DJ, or just its popularity?
Nobody knows what criteria DJ Mag uses.
But there’s one thing we know, you can believe the hype and go there for a wild night.
We can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
What you Need to Know
As we said, Onyx is one of the most popular clubs in Bangkok. But it’s also a club that is not for everyone.
So here’s what you need to know before you go to Onyx:
- You need to be over 20, and bring an ID to prove it. The security is extremely strict there, and even copies or photos on your phone will be refused.
- Go there early. Like most clubs in Bangkok, Onyx closes at 2am. Try to get there by 10 or 11pm to have enough time to enjoy the party.
- There’s no dance floor. Only standing tables and VIP tables. So order a bottle and ask for a table when you get there to get space for you and your friends.
- They serve food. We wouldn’t pick it as a place to have dinner, but if you’re starving between drinks, they have options.
What’s special about it?
The energy, the quality of the music and the price of the drinks.
It’s a great club with excellent and loud electronic music.
The vibe takes some time to pick up but usually around midnight, when people played enough drinking games, the shots start to hit, and the place starts to bounce.
What music do they play?
At Onyx you mostly have electronic music and EDM.
They do have other types of music when they bring international DJs or have special events.
But unless there’s something special going on, it is mainly electro, house and EDM all night.
Who goes there?
Mostly Thais (young and Hi-So Thais), Asian tourists, and a few expats.
You won’t see as many westerners as in clubs in Sukhumvit 11, but there are way more foreigners there now than a few years ago.
What’s a good time to go?
As the club closes at 2am, try to get there before midnight.
Usually, around 10 or 11pm is a good time to hit Onyx.
Do they serve food?
Yes, and the food isn’t bad at all.
But if you’re starving, wait until the club close and go grab some street food right outside.
Prices and Bookings
The entrance fee is ฿500 and the price for bottles start at ฿2,500.
For VIP tables, they have VIP packages starting at ฿21,900฿.
That’s by far one of the most expensive club in Bangkok.
But to be honest, they also have some of the best crowd, music and service.
Unfortunately, you can’t book a table directly on their website. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you with your booking.
Go to this page or send us a message right now to book your VIP table.
About Onyx Bangkok
To find more about Onyx latest events and offers, go follow them on Facebook and Instagram, or check their website.
- Cover charge: ฿500
- Bottle price: Start from ฿2,500
- Music: EDM, Electro
- Crowd: Locals and a few foreigners
- Opening hours: Every day from 9pm to 2am
- Address: Onyx Bangkok, Royal City Avenue Rama IX Rd, Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
- Facebook – Instagram
What is the entrance fee at Onyx Bangkok?
The entrance fee at Onyx Bangkok is ฿500 per person. Bottles and VIP packages come with a limited number of entrances.
What is the dress code at Onyx Bangkok?
The dress code at Onyx in Bangkok is smart casual. No shorts, tank top, open shoes, beachwear, or sportswear.
Other Nightclubs in Bangkok you’re Gonna Like
We created a guide to the best clubs in Bangkok for you right over here.
Any questions regarding Onyx Club?
Want to share your experience?
Leave a comment below.